Jan 15, 2018

NEW YEAR, WHO DIS?


We're fifteen days into the new year, and I'm so excited for what 2018 has to bring. As you can tell, I've cooked up a shiny new theme for this blog-- it seems that it's become a sort of tradition to modify my site at the beginning of every new year. But really, the start of every calendar year has always inspired me to further explore my creative pursuits.

I know several people who think that New Year's resolutions are superficial, but I think that the notion of a "fresh start" in our hectic society is much-needed. Though we should always be setting goals for ourselves, the new year reminds us that there is always a time set aside to create resolutions and pursue them. Then collectively, we can support each other at least once in a year.

That being said, I've put together a little list of my 2018 resolutions! I try not to be overly ambitious with my goals nowadays (aim high, but not too high), so they're really quite simple:


01. Experiment with Photography


I had fallen into a creative roadblock in the past few weeks, and I no longer felt like my photos were particularly improving in style. Though I enjoyed my pastel-colored photos and blog, it also felt restricting in the sense that I felt that I couldn't post photos that didn't fit the theme. With this much simpler and cleaner theme for Cake Potato, I feel that there's more room to experiment with photography on this blog while sharing my experiences.


02. Drink More Water


Admittedly, I'm the worst at staying hydrated. I often forget to drink water (sometimes for a whole day), and then when I'm absolutely parched, I just drink a lot of water at once before the cycle repeats. I want to do away with chapped lips this year, so I'm trying to keep a water bottle at my side at all times!


03. Fix My Portfolio


I'm already behind on this goal, but I'm determined to make it happen early on in the year. My personal portfolio is so important in finding a UX job, so I need to get this over with as soon as possible.


04. Talk to Peers


I'm lucky enough to be surrounded by amazing individuals in my classes. I've learned so much from the students around me, and since my schedule allows me to be on campus more often than last quarter, I'm making it a goal to socialize and talk to my classmates.