Jul 28, 2018

CHINATOWN


The most interesting thing about San Francisco is how each of its neighborhoods has its own distinct personality. For a small city, I was surprised at how different one block could be from the next. I've found myself in Chinatown a few times since it's fairly close to work, and my friend Justin and I are a fan of cheap (but quality) dim sum.

Apparently this Chinatown is the oldest and most established of Chinatowns in the U.S. I took a few diversity/English classes when I first started out at university, and it was fascinating to see the streets where many of the Asian-American short stories take place.

Walking through this neighborhood, there's no mistaking that you're anywhere else. With vibrant red lanterns hanging from one end of the street to another, it's undeniable that the culture here is unapologetically proud.