Sep 14, 2018

SOUTH BAY


While I spent 99% of my time in San Francisco, I did spend some time in South Bay over this past summer. I have a friend whose family is from the bay area, so we met up and drove around Santa Cruz on the search for some quality lighthouses and good coffee. We spent some time on Capitola Beach, walking through the colorful houses and enjoying the sunny beaches that you can't find in the city.

San Francisco is apparently the coldest part of the bay, and my morning commute was often marked by overcast skies and a layer of fog covering the tall buildings in the Financial District. While driving through the cloudless skies of Santa Cruz, I realized that this must be the 'sunny California' weather that everybody describes.




The coffee in the bay is no good (an objective statement). While I wouldn't consider myself a coffee snob, I think that Seattle just set the bar for coffee too high. However, Verve Coffee was really good, and we stayed there for a little bit before grabbing some tacos at a local spot.

Overall, I really enjoyed South Bay and being able to catch up with a good friend. I didn't spend too much time outside of the city over the summer, so I'm glad I had these opportunities to venture out here and there.