Nov 23, 2017

A FILIPINO THANKSGIVING


The family had a Filipino-themed Thanksgiving this year, per my sister's idea. I thought she was kidding when she mentioned an adobo turkey for this year, but it turns out she was serious, and it turned out pretty well! We ended up making Filipino-themed side dishes as well, and we finished off the evening with some homemade leche flan (and I don't know how my sister was able to pull that off because cooking is hard).

I am thankful for so much this year. 2017 has been a whirlwind, but it really put things into perspective, and I realize how fortunate I am. I'm thankful for my amazing family members and the opportunities that they have given me, and I'm thankful for my current peers who have shown their support through my classes and work. I'm thankful to be where I am today.