May 11, 2018

A TRIP TO VANCOUVER


Spring break feels like a lifetime ago, but I realized that I didn't post anything about it up on this blog. With summer internship applications and design challenges, it felt like it barely even happened-- I found myself as busy as when I had school! Still, that didn't mean I wasn't determined to make room for something fun.

In a spontaneous decision, my friend Jonathan and I planned a food trip to Vancouver, BC. Most of our other friends went to places like Mexico and New York, so I felt like I should get out of Seattle for a little bit too. 

Since moving to the United States, I had never been out of the country for more than 10 hours (I'm totally counting Canada as a foreign country despite Vancouver being just like Seattle), so it was new to me in that sense! We also didn't have a definite plan, so I was worried that I'd be stressed out being the rigid planner that I am, but I surprisingly found joy in the spontaneity of it all. 

The weather was cloudy, and it got a bit windy at the waterfront (which would explain all the photos with my lumpy Columbia jacket), but it was nice enough weather to have a long walk through Stanley Park and enjoy some Granville Island food outdoors. The entirety of the trip was spent eating quality food and walking around the more tourist-y areas of the city, and it was refreshing watching the sunset from a city other than Seattle.

I don't have too many photos since I was focusing on being more "present", but I've listed out some highlights of my trip below:



01 Small Victory Bakery




The first cafe we visited was a small place called Small Victory Bakery, and they had the most Instagrammable interior I've seen in a cafe. Their desserts were really tasty, and it was a cozy little place to visit after a long drive and filling lunch.



02 Walking by the Water



Vancouver has such a beautiful waterfront-- everything felt walkable, so we spent quite a bit of time walking along the water and following the trail.



03 Photos in the Park



Stanley Park was so beautiful with views of the skyline and the trees! We visited right before the weather warmed up, so there weren't too many flowers blooming yet, but the greenery was still vibrant.



04 Food, Food, Food


It's not a touristy visit to Vancouver if you don't visit Granville. We stopped by this little island to grab some coffee/snacks and to check out more of the views. We did most of our eating in the city itself-- from KBBQ to Dim Sum, I think we just about had an Asian cuisine food-fest (though I don't have photos of those).